Healthy snacking couldn’t be easier when you are presented with this gorgeous purple dip. This beetroot dip it’s not a hummus, but it’s made with buttery beetroots and nutty walnuts.
- Beetroot – Liver cleansing action by stimulating the production of glutathione;
- Walnuts – Rich in omega 3 and antioxidants and serotonin which lifts depression;
- Thyme – Helps fight colds and flu by helping to loosen the mucous. Aids digestion and also useful for treating colic in babies.
Beetroot dipPrint Recipe
- 4 large beetroots
- 100g walnuts (makes 2 handfuls)
- Small bunch of thyme (10g) – leave a few to decorate
- 1 1/2 tbps balsamic vinegar
- One glug of olive oil
Wash the beetroot and place in a pot and cover with water. Simmer for around 40min. If you are pressed by time you can use pre-cooked vacuum beetroot.
After they cooked, cut the top (where the leaves were) and then quarter. Put all ingredients in a food processor fitted with an S blade. Blitz until smooth.
Place in a bowl and serve with rocket and warmed tortillas or with raw veggie sticks.